Planning a trip out of the country can be expensive, and it’s impossible to know what you might enjoy until you’re there. Have no fear! There are plenty of things to do in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, that will make your day or weekend more enjoyable and worth every penny.
Things to do in Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania
The town of Jim Thorpe is located in the southeastern part of Chester County, Pennsylvania. The town has a population of just over 2,000 people and offers visitors a lot to do. Some of the best things to do in Jim Thorpe include hiking and biking trails, visiting historical sites, and enjoying the many restaurants and shops that are available.
If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, Jim Thorpe is the perfect place to go. The small town is nestled in the foothills of the Pennsylvania mountains and boasts plenty of attractions to keep visitors entertained. Here are some of the best things to do in Jim Thorpe:
Visit the National Museum of American History. This museum is home to a variety of exhibits, from presidential artifacts to Native American artifacts. Admission is free for members and children under 12 years old.
Stroll through the downtown district and take in the historic architecture. You’ll find shops, restaurants, and galleries along Main Street.
Check out the nearby peaks for hiking or skiing. There are plenty of trails available for all levels of fitness.
Take a drive out to Williamsport, where you can explore the area’s wineries or browse through antique stores.
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique dining experience, check out some of the restaurants in Jim Thorpe. While many of these establishments specialize in a certain type of cuisine, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. From Asian cuisine to Mexican food, these restaurants will give you something new to try while in town.
If you’re on the lookout for a romantic dinner, consider trying out one of the restaurants that specialize in fine dining. Whether you’re looking for a traditional French meal or something more exotic, these restaurants will have exactly what you’re looking for. Plus, they usually offer amazing views of the surrounding area, making them perfect date night spots.
One of the best things about Jim Thorpe is its variety of shops and boutiques. Whether you’re in need of some new clothes or want to find that special piece of jewelry, there’s sure to be something for you here. Plus, many of these stores are locally owned and operated, so you can be sure that you’re supporting local businesses.
No matter what your appetite may be, there’s a great restaurant in Jim Thorpe waiting to please you!
Activities and Attractions in Jim Thorpe
- Tour the Historic Village: This is a great way to learn about Jim Thorpe’s history and see some of the village’s historic landmarks. You can also take a guided tour or just wander around on your own.
- Go hiking or biking: There are plenty of trails in and around Jim Thorpe that allow you to explore the area on foot or by bike. You can pick up directions from local shops or parks.
- Watch a performance at the Historic Theater: This theater is home to performances by local theaters and music groups, so there’s always something happening here. Check the website for upcoming shows.
- Take a photo session at the Falls: If you’re looking for a scenic location to take photos, look no further than the falls near town. You can hire a photographer to come to take pictures for you, or go ahead and take some yourself – there’s plenty of space to get creative!
- Eat at one of the many local restaurants: There’s a wealth of food in the area, and it is almost impossible to get bored. If you want something a little different, check out some of the local breweries.
Shopping and Dining in Jim Thorpe
There are a lot of things to do in Jim Thorpe, but the best way to experience everything is by exploring the town on foot. Start your day off at the historic district, filled with boutiques and cafes, before taking a walk down Main Street to check out the galleries and shops. For dinner, head to one of the many restaurants in town, like The Palace Grill or Mama’s Pizza. Or take advantage of the local food truck scene and try something new. No matter what you choose, be sure to stop by the Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning for fresh produce and local crafts.
If you’re looking for a weekend getaway that will have you feeling rejuvenated, excited, and inspired, look no further than Jim Thorpe. Whether you’re into hiking, biking, or just soaking up some beautiful views of the surrounding area, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Jim Thorpe. Make sure to check out our list of things to do in Jim Thorpe before you go and make the most of your time away!