With its rich history and stunning natural landscapes, Salt Lake City offers a wide range of things to do. Explore the iconic Temple Square, visit the Utah State Capitol, or shop at City Creek Center.
Immerse yourself in nature at the Tracy Aviary & Botanical Gardens or Red Butte Garden. Discover the city’s culture and architecture at the Salt Lake Utah Temple, Clark Planetarium, and Salt Lake City Tabernacle. Enjoy the tranquility of Salt Lake City Public Library or the Cathedral of the Madeleine.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Sugar House Park and Liberty Park offer beautiful green spaces to relax and enjoy. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or shopping, Salt Lake City has something for everyone.
As you explore Salt Lake City, you’ll find a wealth of historical landmarks that offer a glimpse into the city’s rich past. Here are some must-visit historical sites:
- Temple Square: This iconic landmark is home to the famous Salt Lake Temple and serves as the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Utah State Capitol: Take a tour of this magnificent building and learn about the state’s government and history.
- Salt Lake City Tabernacle: Visit this historic building, known for its remarkable acoustics, and attend a free concert by the renowned Tabernacle Choir.
- This Is The Place Heritage Park: Step back in time and experience life in the pioneer days at this living history museum.
Nature lovers will find plenty to keep them occupied in Salt Lake City. Here are some of the top natural attractions to explore:
- Great Salt Lake: Discover the natural wonders of the Great Salt Lake, the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere. Take a wildlife and sunset experience tour for an unforgettable experience.
- Natural History Museum of Utah: Explore the diverse natural history of Utah through interactive exhibits and displays at this fascinating museum.
- Tracy Aviary & Botanical Gardens: Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature at this charming aviary and botanical garden, home to a wide variety of bird species and lush plant life.
- Red Butte Garden: Wander through the stunning gardens and hike the scenic trails of Red Butte Garden, offering breathtaking views of the city.
For a taste of the city’s vibrant cultural scene, be sure to check out these cultural sites:
- City Creek Center: Shop ’til you drop at this premier shopping mall, featuring a mix of high-end retailers and popular brands.
- Clark Planetarium: Embark on a journey through the universe with the planetarium’s immersive shows and exhibits.
- Salt Lake City Public Library: Feed your mind at the stunning public library, renowned for its architectural beauty and extensive collection of books.
- Cathedral of the Madeleine: Marvel at the stunning architecture of this Catholic cathedral, a true masterpiece in the heart of Salt Lake City.
Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or culture, Salt Lake City has something for everyone. Take the time to explore these remarkable landmarks, attractions, and sites to make the most of your visit to this vibrant city.
Discover the best things to do in Salt Lake City, from exploring Temple Square and the Utah State Capitol to visiting the stunning Red Butte Garden and Tracy Aviary. Immerse yourself in the city’s history, culture, and natural beauty for a truly memorable experience.
Looking for some outdoor adventure in Salt Lake City? You won’t be disappointed! With its stunning natural landscapes and endless opportunities for outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re an avid hiker, biker, or just looking to soak up the breathtaking beauty of the area, Salt Lake City has it all. Here are some of the top outdoor activities you can experience:
- Hike through the Wasatch Mountain Range for a half-day drive
- Explore the beautiful Sugar House Park or Liberty Park
- Experience the incredible wildlife and sunset at the Great Salt Lake
- Embark on a guided UTV tour of Hell’s Revenge for an adrenaline rush
Museums And Galleries
If you’re a history buff or an art lover, Salt Lake City is filled with fascinating museums and galleries to explore. Immerse yourself in the rich culture and heritage of the city by visiting some of these top attractions:
- Discover the historical landmarks of Temple Square and the Salt Lake Utah Temple
- Learn about the natural history of the region at the Natural History Museum of Utah
- Admire the stunning architecture and exhibits at the Utah State Capitol
- Indulge in the arts at the Salt Lake City Tabernacle and the Cathedral of the Madeleine
Food And Drink
No visit to Salt Lake City would be complete without tasting the local flavors and experiencing the vibrant culinary scene. From trendy eateries to food tours, there’s something for every food enthusiast. Here are some must-try experiences:
- Go on a food and drink walking tour to sample the city’s culinary delights
- Explore the diverse cuisine with the Salt Lake Specialties Pass
- Indulge in a Bollywood dance class for a unique cultural experience
- Unleash your inner detective with a scavenger hunt exploring Salt Lake City’s sights
No matter what you choose to do in Salt Lake City, you’re guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience filled with adventure, culture, and delicious food. So pack your bags and get ready to explore this vibrant city!
Explore Salt Lake City with a variety of exciting activities, including visiting Temple Square, the Natural History Museum, and City Creek Center. You can also enjoy nature at Red Butte Garden and Sugar House Park, or immerse yourself in history at This Is The Place Heritage Park.
With so many options, there’s something for everyone in Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City, the capital of Utah, is a vibrant and bustling city that offers a wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. From entertainment and events to shopping and scenic drives, there is something for everyone to experience in this beautiful city. In this section, we will explore some of the top things to do in Salt Lake City under the subheadings of Entertainment and Events, Shopping, and Scenic Drives.
Entertainment And Events
Salt Lake City boasts a lively entertainment scene with a variety of events happening throughout the year. Whether you’re into live music, theater, or sports, there is always something happening in the city. – Salt Lake City is known for its vibrant music scene, with several venues hosting concerts and performances by both local and international artists. The Vivint Smart Home Arena and The Depot are popular choices for music lovers. – Theater enthusiasts will be delighted by the wide range of shows and performances offered by Salt Lake City’s many theaters. The Eccles Theater and the Pioneer Theatre Company are two venues known for their outstanding productions. – Sports fans can catch a game or a match at the Rio Tinto Stadium, home to the major league soccer team, Real Salt Lake. The Vivint Smart Home Arena is also the venue for the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake City’s NBA team.
Salt Lake City offers a diverse shopping experience, with options ranging from high-end boutiques to quirky local shops. – If you’re looking for a premier shopping destination, head to City Creek Center. This open-air mall features a mix of well-known brands and local shops amidst beautiful fountains and outdoor seating areas. – For a more unique shopping experience, explore the shops in the historic Trolley Square. Housed in an old streetcar barn, this mall is known for its eclectic mix of shops, including antique stores, boutiques, and specialty shops. – The Gateway, located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, is another popular shopping spot. This open-air mall offers a mix of national retailers, restaurants, and entertainment options.
One of the best ways to experience the beauty of Salt Lake City and its surrounding areas is through a scenic drive. Here are a few routes that offer breathtaking views and natural wonders. – Guardsman Pass Scenic Byway takes you through the stunning Wasatch Range, offering panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Keep an eye out for wildlife and wildflowers along the way. – Big Cottonwood Canyon Scenic Byway leads you through the rugged beauty of the Wasatch Mountains, with opportunities for skiing, hiking, and picnicking. Don’t miss the chance to explore Silver Lake and catch a glimpse of its resident moose. – Mirror Lake Scenic Byway is a picturesque drive that takes you through forests, meadows, and across sparkling lakes. This route is particularly stunning in the fall when the colors of the changing leaves are at their peak. Whether you’re drawn to the city’s vibrant entertainment and event scene, looking for unique shopping experiences, or eager to embark on a scenic drive, Salt Lake City has something to offer. Plan your visit to this dynamic city and enjoy all it has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Things To Do In Salt Lake
Is Salt Lake City Worth Seeing?
Salt Lake City is worth seeing with its historic landmarks, natural attractions, and cultural experiences. Explore Temple Square, visit the Natural History Museum, shop at City Creek Center, or admire the botanical gardens. Don’t miss the Great Salt Lake and take a guided bus tour of the city.
What Should I See While In Salt Lake City?
While in Salt Lake City, you should visit Temple Square, Utah State Capitol, City Creek Center, Tracy Aviary & Botanical Gardens, Red Butte Garden, Clark Planetarium, Salt Lake City Tabernacle, Conference Center, Salt Lake City Public Library, Cathedral of the Madeleine, This Is The Place Heritage Park, Sugar House Park, and Liberty Park.
Don’t miss the Great Salt Lake and take part in various tours and experiences offered in the city.
What Is The Salt Lake Known For?
Salt Lake is known for its historical landmarks, such as Temple Square and Utah State Capitol. Visitors can also enjoy attractions like the Natural History Museum of Utah and Tracy Aviary & Botanical Gardens. The city offers shopping options at City Creek Center and outdoor experiences at Red Butte Garden.
The Great Salt Lake offers unique wildlife and sunset experiences.
What Food Is Utah Known For?
Utah is known for its delicious fry sauce, funeral potatoes, and scones, which are a must-try when visiting the state.
Salt Lake City offers a myriad of exciting activities for visitors of all ages. From exploring historical landmarks like Temple Square and the Utah State Capitol to enjoying the beauty of nature at the Natural History Museum and Red Butte Garden, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Additionally, visitors can indulge in retail therapy at the City Creek Center and explore the diverse wildlife at Tracy Aviary & Botanical Gardens. With so much to offer, Salt Lake City truly is a destination that promises a memorable experience for all.