Explore Lambeau Field and the Green Bay Botanical Garden when in Green Bay. Enjoy the city’s rich history at the National Railroad Museum.
Green Bay, Wisconsin, is renowned for its deep-rooted football legacy and vibrant natural landscapes. As the home of the NFL’s Packers, Lambeau Field stands as a mecca for sports enthusiasts, offering year-round tours that detail the team’s storied past. For a touch of serenity, the Green Bay Botanical Garden presents a stunning array of plants and flowers across its sprawling grounds.
History buffs find delight in the National Railroad Museum’s captivating exhibits displaying America’s railroading heritage. The city’s compact downtown area brims with local eateries, boutique shops, and cultural events, ensuring visitors have ample opportunities to immerse themselves in the local lifestyle. Green Bay’s fusion of sports fervor, natural beauty, and cultural richness makes it an exciting destination for all types of travelers.
Explore Green Bay’s Rich History
Discover the storied past of Green Bay by touring its historical landmarks and museums. Unearth the city’s unique heritage with family-friendly visits to prominent sites and engaging local history tours.
Visit Historic Lambeau Field
- Experience the thrill of the Packers Hall of Fame
- Join a stadium tour to see the field up close
- Feel the echoes of famous victories and valiant efforts
Whether the Packers are in season or not, a tour provides insight into what makes this field so special to the heart of Green Bay.
Discover Heritage Hill State Historical Park
- Exploring structures dating from the 17th century to the early 20th century
- Participating in hands-on activities that demonstrate early Wisconsin life
- Learning from costumed interpreters about the area’s history
With hundreds of years of history spread across 56 acres, Heritage Hill is a testament to the diverse cultural heritage of the region.
Take A Guided Tour Of Hazelwood Historic House Museum
- Original furnishings that detail the period’s styles
- Rotating exhibitions showcasing various aspects of local history
- A vast archive of photographs and documents available to researchers
With its well-documented stories, Hazelwood is a rich historical resource for visitors seeking an in-depth understanding of Green Bay’s evolution.
Discover Outdoor Adventures
Gorgeous green expanses and enchanting waterways define the quaint city of Green Bay, where outdoor enthusiasts find their slice of heaven. Whether you’re after tranquil green spaces or lively aquatic activities, Green Bay offers an array of outdoor adventures that cater to every kind of nature lover. Strap on your hiking boots, grab your water bottles, and get ready to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Green Bay!
Hike Through Green Bay Botanical Garden
- 47 acres of display gardens and natural areas
- A diverse collection of native plant species
- Seasonal events that showcase the area’s floral beauty year-round
Enjoy Water Activities At Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Over 6 miles of hiking trails
- Picturesque lagoons for kayaking and fishing
- An expansive observation building to view local wildlife
Adventurers can rent kayaks to paddle the serene waters, or cast a line into the lagoon brimming with eager fish. Educational programs offer insight into the area’s ecosystem, making it a perfect spot for families and curious minds wanting to learn while they play.
Explore The Fox River Trail By Bike Or Foot
|25 miles along the scenic Fox River
|Paved and easy to navigate
|Open to bicycles, in-line skaters, and pedestrians
With picturesque riverfront views and canopy-covered stretches, the Fox River Trail offers a refreshing environment for a scenic bike ride or a peaceful walk. Along the way, stop at the quaint towns and savor local delicacies, dive into the history at heritage sites, or simply bask in the uninterrupted natural splendor.
Experience Local Culture And Arts
In the heart of Green Bay, a vibrant cultural scene awaits enthusiasts and newcomers alike. Rich with artistic expression and theatrical charm, this city offers a variety of experiences that paint a picture of its diverse community and history. Whether you’re drawn to the dramatic, the historical, or the creative, exploring the local culture and arts in Green Bay can be an enriching addition to your itinerary. Dive into the city’s cultural allure with these carefully curated activities.
Attend A Performance At Meyer Theatre
Visit Neville Public Museum Of Brown County
- Authentic artifacts and archival items
- Interactive exhibits for all ages
- Touring exhibitions from around the world
Endeavor through the museum’s halls and discover the interwoven tales of diverse communities and the natural world surrounding Green Bay.
Explore Art Street In Downtown Green Bay
|Over 200 artists showcasing unique, handcrafted pieces
|Live music and dance on multiple stages
|An assortment of local food to savor as you peruse
Plan your visit accordingly, as this event cultivates a weekend brimming with creativity and community spirit, celebrating the rich tapestry of arts in Green Bay.
Indulge In Culinary Delights
The palate pleasures of Green Bay are a reflection of its dynamic culture and love for hearty flavors. From savory dishes to sweet delights, this city prides itself on serving up an extraordinary culinary experience for both locals and tourists alike. Whether you’re a fervent foodie or simply seeking new taste sensations, Green Bay’s gastronomic landscape offers a feast for the senses. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with these must-try local favorites.
Try Local Craft Beers At Titletown Brewing CompanyLooking to taste the local brew?
Titletown Brewing Company is a staple in the Green Bay beer scene. Housed in a historic railroad depot, Titletown pairs rich heritage with a selection of some of the finest craft beers in Wisconsin.
- Variety of seasonal ales – There’s always something new to sample with seasonal flavors to suit any occasion.
- Classic favorites – From hoppy IPAs to smooth stouts, find a brew that perfectly hits the spot.
- Guided tours – Gain insights into the brewing process, and perhaps, discover your new favorite beer.
Savor Fresh Seafood At Hagemeister ParkFresh flavors abound
at Hagemeister Park, where the waterfront views are as exquisite as the seafood. An homage to Green Bay’s original football stadium, this restaurant offers a menu that’s a blend of history and contemporary tastes.
- Enjoy locally sourced fish dishes that highlight fresh, regional ingredients.
- Experience dining by the beautiful Fox River for an unforgettable ambiance.
- Entice your palate with explicitly crafted seafood plates, from classic fish and chips to sophisticated salmon entrées.
Sample Wisconsin Cheese At Nala’s FromagerieNo visit to Wisconsin is complete without cheese.
Nala’s Fromagerie is the cornerstone for cheese enthusiasts, featuring an impressive spread of local and international cheeses.
|Aged to perfection, delivering a sharp, tangy flavor.
|Pair with your favorite red wine or apple slices for a delightful treat.
|Rich, creamy texture with a gentle sweetness.
|Combine with crackers and a crisp, white wine for a harmonious blend.
|Robust and pungent, with a distinct blue-veined character.
|Perfect with a drizzle of honey or a bold, strong-flavored ale.
Enjoy a curated tasting experience, or bring home a selection for your own culinary creations.
Uncover Hidden Gems
Discover Green Bay’s lesser-known attractions for an unforgettable adventure. Delve into the city’s secret spots that promise unique experiences and photo-worthy moments.
Explore Green Bay’s Farmers’ Market
- Fresh produce: From crisp apples to organic vegetables, the market is a haven for foodies.
- Artisan goods: Discover handcrafted jewelry, homemade soaps, and unique gifts.
- Live music: Enjoy the melodies of local musicians as they add a vibrant soundtrack to your shopping experience.
Visit The National Railroad Museum
|Big Boy Steam Locomotive
|Bear witness to one of the largest steam engines ever built.
|Pullman Standard Sleeping Car
|Step back in time and imagine the golden age of luxury train travel.
|Dwight D. Eisenhower’s Command Train
|Explore a piece of World War II history aboard the presidential train.
Take A Scenic Drive Along The Door County Coastal Byway
- Capture breathtaking landscapes against the backdrop of majestic bluffs and expansive water vistas.
- Explore quaint towns like Egg Harbor and Fish Creek, each brimming with local character.
- Sample local cuisine, from fresh seafood to iconic Wisconsin cheese.
- Visit historic lighthouses, standing tall as beacons of coastal heritage.
Frequently Asked Questions On Things To Do In Green Bay
How Do You Spend A Day In Green Bay?
Start your day exploring the Green Bay Botanical Garden. Catch a Packers game at Lambeau Field. Stroll along the CityDeck by the Fox River. Enjoy the hands-on exhibits at the National Railroad Museum. Indulge in local cuisine at a downtown eatery.
Is Green Bay Wisconsin Worth Visiting?
Yes, Green Bay, Wisconsin is worth visiting for its rich NFL history at Lambeau Field, fascinating museums, and beautiful parks.
What Is Green Bay Wisconsin Famous For?
Green Bay, Wisconsin, is renowned for its football team, the Green Bay Packers, and their historic stadium, Lambeau Field.
What Is There To Do Indoors In Green Bay WI?
Visit the National Railroad Museum, explore the Green Bay Botanical Garden, or enjoy family fun at the Bay Beach Amusement Park. For sports enthusiasts, tour Lambeau Field, home of the Packers.
Green Bay dazzles with its myriad attractions, from storied stadiums to nature trails. Perfect for history buffs, sports enthusiasts, and outdoor lovers, this vibrant city offers memorable experiences for every traveler. Pack your itinerary with these gems, and savor the unique spirit of Green Bay on your visit.