Kayaking on a river is one of the best ways to admire the natural splendor and wildlife of a region. Below, discover four of the most beautiful rivers in Canada for kayaking.
1. The Yukon River
Probably one of the most famous and majestic rivers in Canada, the Yukon River is located in British Columbia and crosses the Yukon and Alaska.
- Kayakers can roam this river almost throughout the year, and many companies provide equipment and guides to help the most enthusiastic to navigate.
- The Yukon River is one of the best rivers for kayaking, as it is long (nearly 128 miles) and changes dramatically during each season due to melting glaciers; It is, therefore, silty in summer, and the frozen glaciers make it completely clear and transparent in winter.
- Most people leave from Eagle and travel to Circle, which encompasses about 158 miles in total and takes kayakers on an expedition for five days of kayaking and camping.
2. The Ottawa River
If you are looking for a beautiful kayak river with a few thrills for the daredevils, there is no better place than the Ottawa River, which crosses Ontario and Quebec.
- The Ottawa River has a good combination of clear, smooth waters and fast waters; So it’s the perfect place for more advanced kayakers who want to stumble upon a few rapids during their journey.
- Many companies offer excursions and tours of the Ottawa River. One of the most popular places to enter the river is in Beach burg, Ontario, just outside of Ottawa.
3. The North Saskatchewan River
The North Saskatchewan River is an excellent option for kayaking, which is very convenient for many urban Canadians.
- The North Saskatchewan River offers a wide range of landscapes to admire, from the Canadian Rockies to the urban landscape of Edmonton, through the Forks.
- The North Saskatchewan River is a good kayak destination for those looking to see a lot of what Canada has to offer.
- It is particularly easy to kayak on this river, so it is a good choice for novice kayakers.
4. The Thelon River
For those looking for something exotic, there is nothing better than a kayak trip on the Thelon River.
- The Thelon is located in the Northwest Territories, and the kayak takes place in the Arctic regions of Canada.
- Kayaking on the Thelon gives you access to landscapes that you will not find anywhere else in the country.
- With bare landscapes, frozen expanses and a plethora of wild animals such as musk oxen, wolves, and moose, the river
- Thelon is the perfect getaway for the avid kayaker who wants to truly immerse himself in nature.